Posts Tagged ‘blogging’
Confused About SEO, Article Marketing
& Driving Traffic to Your Site?
Do you find yourself wondering if article marketing still works or if it’s worth it to comment on other blogs.
What about paying for SEO? Is there an SEO service that you can trust? One that is not outdated?
These are questions that can be very confusing and basically you will find many different opinions on what works and what doesn’t.
If this is the case, what do you do to improve your traffic? You can download this FREE traffic guide – Click Here.
Here’s what I personally think about traffic.
==> I have learned that it’s not a good idea to rely on a single source for your traffic. Your traffic should be coming from Facebook, Twitter, Google, Youtube, other websites and from other peoples recommendations.
==> Do NOT fear the Panda algorithm. If you have fear of getting banned by Google, it’s time to go directly to Matt Cutts videos and take some time to see what Matt says about quality content.
Basically, you want quality content on YOUR SITE. You want to offer superb benefits to your visitors. And the first thing people should see on your site are a few of those benefits above the fold. That is pretty much at the top of your website.
When it comes to SEO, be sure to work with some basic on-page SEO guidelines. While you always want to put your visitor first, you also need to be sure that search engines can understand what your website niche is as well as what every page of your site is highlighting.
Stick to a single niche and don’t try to cover everything within that niche. It’s not only confusing for the search engines, it can be confusing to your visitors.
What About SEO and Backlinks?
Article marketing STILL works in helping improve your rankings. I know this is true as it’s been helping my clients move up in the rankings.
Press Releases are also helpful to drive traffic, but it is not long lasting. However, it still helps improve your overall rankings.
Forum backlinking… there is so much spamming via this method that I have to admit I really don’t know if it helps anymore. I would recommend caution here.
Blog commenting. Blog commenting can actually improve your traffic if the comments are good. This is time consuming but it can be quite helpful. Paying for spam blog comments has never shown me that it’s worth the money. I’d rather spend my money on article marketing.
There are many ways to use social traffic. I think you can truly gain a huge benefit from both Facebook and Twitter regarding your traffic if you build it with a targeted market. Building this type of traffic using some types of auto-generated methods may not prove to be as successful.
However, there are wonderful WP plugins now that will help you generate great traffic and even have that traffic go viral if you use it well.
You can use plugins that require your visitors to LIKE your page, Tweet about it, or even join your list before they “get” something on that page. There is even a script that will “give” away a freebie if your visitors share your page with their friends via email.
As you can see there are many ways to drive traffic to your website. Relying on one method such as Google for all your traffic can truly create a huge financial disaster. Many people lost their entire means of income when Google turned on the big PA.
Lastly, it’s important to understand and really take a long look at a concept most people either ignore because they don’t entirely get it, or simply do not believe it it.
What is it?
It is understanding the value of outsourcing.
Think of it this way. How many people do you think it takes to run a MacDonalds Restaurant?
One? That’s absurd isn’t it?
The best way to build a business online is to take every dollar earned and invest it into “growing” your business by outsourcing.
The best business to build is the one that can be built by getting paid to provide a service.
The best service to provide is one that you can make money paying someone else to do the work.
Get paid $100.00 to provide a service where you can pay someone else $25.00 to do the work.
How to Build Success – Part 2
Today we’ll talk about managing our time. SMART – Specific we covered in Part 1, today we will cover the “M” in the SMART system, so managing our time. If you missed Part 1, you can read it by clicking here.
Training and Research
My research is divided into several time zones. I call them zones because they are separated and I don’t want them to mix. Some of the research I do is vital to my work, other research I do is non essential to my success.
- Researching a new article I want to write for a new post to my blog or for guest posting. This is something that is part of my workday. But I have to be very careful as it can lead me down the rabbit hole. I have to really focus to avoid that hole.
- Researching a new idea for a product I want to sell. This type of research is not allowed unless my work for the day is done.
- Researching for fun. This is almost never an option. If I want to have fun, it’s pretty much not happening via the Internet. I’d rather play racquetball, hike, watch TV, or go to the movies. So, I avoid YouTube because there are just too many cute, funny, and amazing videos on YouTube.
Those are some examples of how I divide up my time and prioritize my day.
The point is, set goals and stick to your goals. When you work without goals, it’s like sailing without a compass in the fog. You will never have a clear direction of where you are going or how you will get there. Failure loves to hang out in the fog.
It Takes Money to Make It
This is a true statement. But you can manage the way you work with this issue. You can either save a little money from your offline work or work online where the opportunity to get paid for your time is 100% guaranteed.
Avoid getting into debt to make money online as there are no guarantees you will be able to pay it back before things get out of hand.
You can make money online by doing simple chores that generate enough money to buy a How-To guide within your budget. Be selective when choosing how to make your first dollar online. There are many excellent tutorials that teach you how to make money online are less than $10.00.
You can earn $10.00 within an hour to pay for these inexpensive guides that you want to buy. There are three websites online dedicated to paying you for doing specific chores online.
- Fiverr.com – You decide what you’re willing to do for five bucks ($4.00 after Fiverr fees) and you get paid after you have done the job. Some of these jobs are incredibly easy to do or learn. There are plenty of Fiverr YouTube videos to help you get started.
- iWriter.com – This site pays you to write articles. It takes about 15 or so articles to earn about $20.00. It may take you 5 or more hours to generate your first $20.00, but it’s not a loan, it’s money you can spend on your first guide.
- Mturk.com – Mechanical Turk is a site run by Amazon.com. You will need to visit that site to really understand how it works, but people pay for all sorts of things that they need done. Some of these jobs are stupidly simple like clicking on a Facebook Like button for .05 cents. But if it’s something you can do and watch TV at the same time, it’s a far better idea of how to pay for that $9.00 guide, than using your credit card.
No Excuses – Work & Get Paid
There are so many people who become insanely upset and frustrated because of not earning a dime from all of their hard work and time put into trying to make money online. However, you can be a total newb, without any skills on creating a website, blog, or product, and visit any of those 3 websites I mentioned above and start making money.
Yes, it’s work. But the pay is almost 100% guaranteed. You simply cannot fail if you do the work you promise to do. I think anyone can click on a few LIKE buttons, write 20 blog comments, or watch a free video and learn how to do a simple chore that someone needs done on Fiverr.
Think of it this way. You could spend 10 hours learning how to set up a WordPress blog to make money in Adsense. Or you could spend 10 hours in Fiverr doing a variety of Gig’s that generate a few hundred dollars. 100% ROI on your time. Learning has a 0% ROI on your time.
This year has been a VERY stressful and exciting one. The exciting part was looking for a house to buy! The stressful part was looking for and then BUYING the house we wanted. It took 2 years to build up enough income to qualify to buy a home due to being self employed. But I did it – Yipee!
So, this entire year so far was spent in a very distracted frame of mine looking and then buying a home. We moved in Sept 2. 2011. And you know my husband and I are still in a bit of shock that we actually own our own home now.
So, what’s next?
1. Guest Posting – I have never allowed guests posting before. But I am going to allow it soon. So, for those of you who have high quality content to share, please keep an eye on this blog because I will be happy to include your quality content and provide you with your very own Guest Bio page where you can add a few backlinks to your own quality blog.
2. Super Delicious Freebies – What is it that makes a successful blog? One that provides great benefits to the visitors. So, my goal is to provide you who are loyal followers, those of you who Tweet and Re-Tweet, a reason to do so.
Believe me, you will not want to miss out on the FREEBIES I’ll be sharing with you. Truly delicious – I promise!
3. New Theme – Lastely, I’m going to give Netwoozy a new Theme. I haven’t figured out what that’s going to be yet, but I’m tired of this one.
Okay, so there you have it. That’s my plans for Netwoozy. Stay tuned and I’ll be delivering some nice new freebies real soon!