Posts Tagged ‘wordpress plugins’
Then somewhere along the line I was introduced to WordPress and I have to say that with all the wonderful plugins that you can get with this program, WordPress is in my opinion one of the best ways to build a website or blog.
The most recent plugins that I have purchased are CommentLuv Premium, and Google Plus Poster. I have been busy so have yet to install the GPPoster, but I will get to it soon.
Anyway, there are some very important plugins that you should have installed if you are a blogger. I decided to list a few of them in this post today. You can watch a video that really brings out the importance and reasons for installing social plugins like CommentLuv, click here to watch the video now.
This list is not in any particular order of importance.
1. CommentLuv Premium – There is a free version, but there are just so many great benefits to the paid version it’s well worth the price to get it. One of the more specific reasons to get this plugin is due to the increase in comments and the community spirit for the thousands of blogs that have installed it. Andy created many great videos to help us understand the real power of this plugin. I highly recommend you watch them to get a clear idea of why it is truly one of the top plugins for WordPress to own.
2. Google Analytics – The Google Analytics for WordPress plugin allows you to track your blog easily and with lots of metadata.
3. All In One SEO – This plugin helps you create a SEO friendly post. Includes adding in your meta description, tags, and keywords. There is actually a more powerful SEO plugin called, HeadSpace -, which I have not had time yet to fully grasp all that it can do, but if you have a techi spirit, I believe this is a far better plugin than All In One SEO.
4. TweetMeme – There are many ways to add in a Twitter button, this is a nice and quick way for your readers to retweet your post.
5. SuperCache – (Updated) This is the recommended WP Plugin for this chore over W3 Total Cache and QuickCache.
This WordPress plugin makes your pages load faster and stores static versions of your site which means it requires much less CPU processing than using WordPress all by itself.
There are plenty more great WP plugins, but this is my short list of must-haves. In addition to these I would recommend you get to know Google+ the new social network online. It’s very much like Facebook and not like Facebook. That’s where the learning more about it comes in.
I believe a really good WP plugin to have is the Google+Poster which will automatically add a little snippet of your posted articles to your Google+ account. It also ads in a link to your post as well. Google+ is going to really be “THE Social Network of 2012″.
As I have time I’m going to be making a greater effort to learn more about this new network. There is in fact so many different apps that are intertwined within the Google network it’s almost it’s own Internet all by itself
As you know this year has been a distracted one for me. But… I’m back on track now and I’ve decided to update my WordPress plugins. The one I just added to Netwoozy is TweetMeme. I actually had a Twitter plugin a while back but it didn’t seem to work that well. This one seems to work just fine.
TweetMeme is a wonderful plugin. I’ve only just installed it on Netwoozy.com and I’m working my way to installing it on the rest of my blogs. This plugin will make it super easy for your visitors to re-tweet your posts. It keeps track of how many people re-tweet your posts.
As I work on driving traffic to Netwoozy over the next few months, I hope to see my Tweet counters go from zero to um… more than zero.
In addition to adding the TweetMeme plugin, I’ve purchased a new plugin, RSS Link Bomber. I have not yet installed in on Netwoozy.com but I have installed in on another blog within a different niche. So far it’s working very nicely and I’ve seen an increase at this blog in the people signing up to my newsletter lately. I’ll let you know how things progress as we have 30 days to fully test out this new plugin. I am still testing it so it’s not 100% going to stay.
You can get the TweetMember button here.